Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

 Last week was Halloween, so David and I left a bowl of candy in front of our door and went to a Halloween party at one of the Cantus guys' houses.  We went as Jack Donaghy and Liz Lemon from 30 Rock.  I know it's not super creative, but it was late notice and we had to use what we had in our closets.  David had the day off, so he made some pumpkin salsa.  He carved the inside of a pumpkin out, roasted the seeds and added some rotel and other things.  Here's his finished product.

Here are some of the Cantus guys at the party.  The guy in the back, Chris, safety-pinned purple balloons to his clothes to be grapes.  It was pretty hilarious.


We know we're early, but I looked at the calendar and realized that David and I won't have a Saturday together until the middle of December, so we decorated our apartment for Christmas a couple Saturdays ago.  Ahh! I know it sounds ridiculous, but I didn't feel bad when I passed a house today with their xmas wreaths on the outside of their house and candy canes in the yards.  A coworker told me that they decorate early because it gets really cold so early up here that it's too cold to decorate outside.



This is my first time to decorate for Christmas without my mom or sister and with my own stuff, so David and I had fun figuring out where we wanted stuff to go.  Here's what we got.




 We decided to go retro with the lights for the balcony!  We couldn't resist when we saw them.  David was in charge of these lights....    ;)


We're ready for Christmas up here!  Mom and Dad came this weekend and we had a great time.  I'll post what we did soon!







1 comment:

  1. Fun & festive! I like your apt. I'm a little behind on reading your blog, so I'll try to do better. We've had a super busy fall, & I'm having so much fun with our baby Eliot!

    Glad your parents got to come, & I'll look forward to you telling about it!

    ReplyDelete