Monday, February 17, 2014

Brooklyn Weekend

I haven't posted any updates on here lately, but I thought it might be about time for another post.  I haven't posted anything about our Holidays, but we had a great time being with both of our families for a week each.

The exciting news in our family over Christmas was that of Rachel and Nick moving to Brooklyn.  They had about a month's notice that they would be moving, so they were busy getting all of the stuff done that goes along that with.  They moved up there the 2nd week of January, and I was able to join them after they had been there 2 weeks.

We had a great time exploring their new area and all that goes with that.  We tried some of the restaurants that are closest to their apartment and walked over to where Nick will be working most of the time.  He's at the Target right next to the Barclay's Center, so I guess they'll become Nets fans.  While I was there they had some snow, but that didn't stop us.

**I was quite proud of the hats they were wearing.  I made Nick's a couple of days before going there because he needed one! I made Rachel's cable knit hat a while ago, but now she really gets to wear it!


We took the subway over to Manhattan and hung out in Soho.  Rach and Nick were very kind and took me to a yarn store that I've drooled over via their blog and website.

Purl Soho...It was just as beautiful as I had imagined it would be.

We decided to eat at Shake Shack for dinner...which as delicious.  Their burgers made me think of Frozen Delite.


 The best part about this picture is that neither of us can remember what was so funny.  Nick just happened to capture that one when we were trying to get this one:


It was a great weekend trip, and I'm looking forward to April when the whole fam will be spending a long weekend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment