Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Duluth, MN Day Trip

On Labor Day, David and I decided to take a day trip up to Duluth, MN.  It was a 2 hour drive, so we left about 8 and got to Duluth at 10.  We packed our lunch and took it down to the coast to eat at the park on the shore of the port.  It was a beautiful day.  It was actually a little chilly, but it was great. 

We sat by the coast for a while and watched some boats come into the bay and the bridge go up and down for the boats. 


After lunch we went to the maritime museum and then we walked up and down the street and looked into some of the shops.  Then we went to the aquarium and spent some time there. 





It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun.  It's a very historic port and I felt so dumb for not realizing so much trade took place on the Great Lakes.









1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,

    Your blog is great! Sometimes I get on my sisters FB bc I dont have it anymore and I saw that you moved to MN. My husband and I moved to Fargo, ND less than a month after we got married, and made many trips to Minneapolis. We are living in NW Montana now, and have a new baby. Surprisingly, I have really enjoyed our time north of the mason dixon line. Mostly bc I love the winters up here! By this time next year you will actually be able to tell the difference between -5 and -25 degrees! haha! I hope all is well, and Congratulations on your marriage!!!

    ReplyDelete