Thursday, October 11, 2012

State Fair: Round 2

David and I went to the Minnesota State Fair on the Saturday, August 25th.  The weather had been really hot, so we were very lucky that day because it had been raining and rained a little bit while we were there.  The rain didn't dampen our activities though, we just hung out in the barns with the animals while it rained.

The first stop we made was the Andrew Zimmern booth where he was introducing his Food Truck the AZ canteen.  David is a big fan of AZ, and since he's from the Twin Cities we walked over to check out his booth.  We walked into the tent where they had multiple TVs up and they were playing some of AZ's most bizarre foods that he's tried on Bizarre Foods.

They had a table where you could vote on your favorite (grossest) food.  David told me after we walked out of the room that the man with the TV video camera was on my face the whole time we were in there.  I was literally gagging at some of the foods he had tried (scrambled pig brains, cow placenta, etc.).  We walked out of the tent and this man asked us if we would be interviewed for his new episode of Bizarre Foods.

The lady had us tell them which one was our favorite food....I told them that the pig brains grossed me out and made me think of Hannibel Lector.  I also said that I worry about Andrew eating all of this weird stuff, because I can't imagine it's ok for him.  After the interview, the lady had us sign a waiver to be on TV and then Patrick the producer came up to me and said, "Rebecca, I want you to come back at 1:00 because Andrew will be here and he will have some of his bizarre foods for you to try. I want you to come back, and I will WAIT for you!!!"

A couple of hours later, David and I went back to the AZ canteen.  Andrew was serving up pig souse (leftover pig parts ground into a loaf....blah).  We found Patrick and he took us to the front of the line and had us meet Andrew and try some of the pig sous.  The cameras were rolling on us, and I took a bite, but I wasn't a fan.  David liked it, and ate his and mine.  Then Andrew gave me some stinky cheese since I didn't like it.

I don't know if we'll be on TV or not but his Twin Cities episode of Bizarre Foods is January 23, 2013 according to IMDB.  We don't get that channel, so someone DVR it for us in case we're on there!!!

It was hilarious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment