Thursday, October 11, 2012

Weekend with the Fam/Cousin's wedding

Last weekend I was able to fly to Fayetteville, AR, for my cousin Lorie's wedding.  I flew out Friday morning and got to Fayetteville about noon.  My parents, sister and Nick, brother and his friend Emily picked me up at the airport at noon.  We went to the Crystal Bridges museum and ate lunch there.  The museum is free (Thanks to Wal-Mart), and it was a very cool, rainy day for early October in AR, so the museum was packed!  After the museum we got to the retreat center that we were staying in for the weekend and it was also where all of the wedding festivities were going to be.

We ate dinner Friday night at James at the Mill in Johnson, AR, with my family plus my cousin Jared (bride's brother) and his parents.  The food was absolutely delicious.  After dinner we got to our lodging for the weekend.  We were in one house with 9 bedrooms. 

Saturday morning, my mom, sister, aunt Betty, and I hosted the bridesmaid's luncheon at an Inn on the U of A's campus.  Once the luncheon was over, we went back to Mount Sequoyah to start setting up for the rehearsal dinner.  Olive Garden was catered for the dinner.  After the dinner my fam started decorating for the reception.  Oh yea, I forgot to tell you...the wedding was planned for Sunday morning at sunrise!  Well it happened to be the coldest weekend ever!  So Lorie decided to move the ceremony back to 8:00 am.  We finished decorating late Saturday night, and then went to bed.  We woke up Saturday morning and drove over to the ceremony site with our toe warmers, gloves, jackets, and blankets.  The ceremony was so pretty!  It was perfect and it was 34 degrees...but wasn't that bad!   The reception was a breakfast reception with biscuits and gravy, quiche, hashbrowns, fruits, tea, coffee, doughnuts for the grooms cake and a cake for the bride's cake. 

Sunday afternoon my family dropped me off at Ashton's to hang out with her for the afternoon before I flew out.  She took me to the airport. 

I can't even describe how excited I was to get to be with my family.  I haven't been to AR since Easter.  It was so much fun!!! We didn't sleep much because we were having fun with each, but it was totally worth it!   Here are a few pictures. 




No comments:

Post a Comment