Monday, August 15, 2011

Blog Title

There are quite a few reasons that I thought starting a blog would be a good idea.  It may turn out to be a terrible idea, but I'm currently unemployed, have no friends in the city I'm living in, and my husband goes to work until 7 so I thought I'd give this a shot.  

I'm going to back up a few weeks and tell you about our move to the big city.  But first, let's start with a Geography lesson that inspired my blog title.  Thanks to my wonderful 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Treva Pryor, I learned about the baker's man as a child.  The baker's man is a wonderful tool to help those visual learners understand our American geography. For those that have no clue what I'm talking about, here....

As you can see by this map on the right, the states that touch the Mississippi River make up the profile of the baker's man.  The parts of the baker's man are as follows:
Louisiana--the boots
Arkansas--the pants
Missouri--the shirt
Iowa--the face/head
Minnesota--the hat

Hence where the title of this blog has come from.....From the Pants to the Hat.





No comments:

Post a Comment