Monday, August 15, 2011

David goes to work

Monday morning the 8th brought David's first day of work.  We went to the grocery store to get a bus pass for the week.  Then the bus picked him up at the street in front of our apartment complex.  He takes bus 3B from Front/Lexington to Nicollet/4th St.  While the weather is still nice he walks 8 blocks South to 12th street.  Once it gets cold, bus 18 picks up at Nicollet/4th and takes him to 12/Nicollet which is where the Westminster Presbyterian Church is located.  It is really a beautiful church, I haven't been inside, but I'm sure it's beautiful too.  

For those that don't know what David is doing, he is working for a singing group called Cantus.  Click on Cantus to look at their website and you will be able to read David's profile on there soon.  Their tour schedule is also on there, and you can listen to them on youtube or their website.  He rehearses Monday-Friday from 1-6 and then they change some things up a little bit once touring starts.  Their first performance is September 9th and 10th with the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra in downtown St. Paul at the Ordway Center

While David's at work I run errands around St. Paul trying to get oriented to where we are and what's close to us.  I've been trying out different grocery stores and getting to practice using my fun wedding gifts.  I've been exploring the public libraries, post offices, and the shopping areas around us.  I'm also looking for a job, so I'm doing research to see what schools and clinics are close by and hiring.  I'm not going to lie, I'm enjoying being able to hang out and cook and get situated in the apartment and the city. 

 Maybe I'll have Dave guest post on here sometime....haha.  I'll be sure to put a post about one of their performances once I've been to one.


No comments:

Post a Comment