Saturday, August 20, 2011

Check out Cantus

David's bio is up on the cantus website.  Click this link to find it. David's picture is at the bottom of that page.  It looks great!! I can't wait to hear the group in September.  I went to rehearsal the other day because there was an open rehearsal. I took a couple of pictures....

The guys are from left to right starting at the top picture: Adam (baritone), Matt (baritone), Chris (bass), Tim (bass), Aaron (tenor), Paul (tenor), Shahzore (tenor), David (tenor), and Gary (tenor).  They sounded amazing.  They are doing some great pieces this year.  There were 6 people at open rehearsal when I went.  The executive director, Mary, brought 5 of the people that have never been to a Cantus concert, but they have enjoyed listening to them on MPR (Minnesota Public Radio) because Cantus has been Artist in Residence for MPR this past year.  I think they will be at a concert.  They were really impressed.  After they finished rehearsal, the guys opened it up for questions.  All of the guests asked a question (except me).  It was fun, I hope I can go back again when they are working on some more pieces. 

Last night David and I had dinner with Paul and his girlfriend Sam at our apartment.  David and I made the burgers and sides and they brought dessert and a game.  We played a game called "Pandemic".  It was a lot of fun.  I have never played anything like it.  I may have to see if I can find it for family get togethers. 

That's all for now, Dave and I are on our way to go shopping.  It's 76 degrees today...in case you were wondering.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment